Saturday, February 7, 2009

Heightened Reality

<3:00>I am freezing and losing my way. I don't need another map of your head.
I am freezing and losing my way. I don't need another map of........
He is dreaming now. Thoughts race in his head. Thoughts like juggernauts.
Formed and rational.
Substantial. Theories and transformations. Moments pass.
He is in conversations with some people and thoughts, feelings and ideas are flung towards each other.
With speed and intensity, wholly surprising yet with pin point precision.
It's reading it and feeling it. No sweat. Not even a drop.
No stress. None at all.
It's cent percent.
His twin got older while he stayed young.
Thoughts travelling at the speed of light. It's sensing each sensation.
Feet on the air or head on the ground?
Is this evolution or a fantasy?
Is this a sensation or just a mystical experience for madmen?
Para gliding or scuba diving?


head..............
<3:01>I am freezing and losing my way. I don't need another map of your head....
Music fades and another song starts on his Winamp.
He felt tens of minutes pass.

5 comments:

  1. nah, no anxiety.
    "It's reading it and feeling it. No sweat. Not even a drop.
    No stress. None at all."
    Dohori, thanks for the concern but it's the character in it who's feeling it, not me aka laya. :)
    No outside agents were ingested by the character or the author though, off/for the record.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Para gliding or scuba diving? Reminds me of high school where we once studied the uses of oxygen and there was the phrase 'deep-divers and mountain climbers'.

    This piece feels like it is documenting thoughts of someone who is not in a sober state of mind or if trying to record something for posterity while the character is in an hallucination/inebrieted state. That said it gives the reader a sense that he should identify with the authors seemingly fast pace that something boombastic is about to happen just like the necessary calm before the storm but in the end we are left hanging. Is this some sort of episodic thing? Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember what you are talking about, tatwa but i think it might have been "deep-sea divers and mountain climbers". It's an episodic thing if the character doesn't die all of a sudden. :)
    I will leave my writing to be interpreted the way you want to, I have decided. Make of it what you will. Go ahead. Tear the shit out of it. :)

    ReplyDelete